A clogged drain can cause water damage and lead to stagnant wastewater that breeds dangerous bacteria. If any of your drains are giving you trouble, contact our team at Master Plumbing, Heating, & Cooling for prompt clogged drain repair and cleaning services in Cedar Rapids, IA.
We handle everything from clearing clogged bathroom sinks and toilets to sewer cleaning. Our services are available 24/7 and come with a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
Not sure what’s wrong with your pipes? Call us today for a sewer video inspection.
Signs You Need Drain Cleaning or Repair
A blocked drain typically occurs gradually. Here are some tell-tale signs of a partial blockage:
- Slow-moving drains.
- Odors or gurgling sounds coming from drains.
- Frequently clogged toilets, sinks, or shower drains.
- Clogs in multiple drains at once.
- Weak flushing in your toilet.
Ignore these warning signs, and you may end up with a burst drainage pipe, flooding, and other expensive problems. Get in touch with us as soon as possible if you notice the above or other problems, and our plumbing specialists will be at your door ready to help fast. Our same-day drain cleaning services deliver lasting results, and our pricing is straightforward and competitive.
What Causes Drain Clogs?
Various factors often contribute to drain clogs, and many of them are avoidable. Below are some common causes of clogging and how to avoid them:
- Food: When rinsing dishes, food bits can end up down your kitchen sink. Eventually, they can accumulate in your pipes and disrupt your drain line. Install a strainer to keep food and other debris out of your drainage system.
- Grease: Grease will congeal in your pipes and can cause severe problems. You can pour grease in a jar and throw it in the trash or install a grease trap under your kitchen sink.
- Paper towels: It is okay to flush toilet paper, but not in large wads. However, baby wipes, paper towels, and hygiene products are all unsafe to flush as they don’t dissolve as quickly as toilet paper.
- Hair and soap: Hair and bits of soap entering your bathroom drain will also accumulate in your pipes. Just like in your kitchen sink, a drain screen is the best way to protect against clogs of this nature.
For deep system clogs, consider our hydro-jetting services. They're damage-free and effective!
Cedar Rapids’ Leading Drain Cleaning Company
We have years of experience as a drain and sewer cleaning company and can resolve drain clogs of all types. Every sewer drain service we take on starts with a video inspection of the pipe to find the cause of the blockage. Identifying the cause enables us to provide the best rooter service for lasting results.
While sewer jetting with high-pressure water or snaking is enough to eliminate most blockages from drain pipes. In extreme cases, such as a tree root invasion, replacing the affected pipe may be necessary.