If you’re searching for a leading heating repair company or furnace installation contractor in Mount Vernon, IA, look no further than Master Plumbing, Heating, & Cooling.
We specialize in both residential and commercial central heating installation and heater tune-up services, serving residents in not only Mt. Vernon, but across the Corridor. Whether you need a simple filter change or an entirely new heating system installation, you can count on our experienced team.
We’ve provide heating and cooling services across the Mt. Vernon area since 1986. Learn more about our team!
What Are Some Common Furnace Problems?
Heating systems are susceptible to breakdowns over time. Regular heating maintenance is a necessity to avoid unnecessary heating replacement costs. At Master Plumbing, Heating, & Cooling, our professional technicians recommend that you service your system at least once a year to keep it working correctly with optimal energy efficiency.
Several malfunctions can lead to emergency furnace repair or unnecessary furnace replacement if you ignore regular maintenance schedules. These include:
- Leaving filters dirty or clogged.
- Mechanical wear and tear due to age.
- Malfunctioning thermostats.
- Inadequate airflow and poor indoor air quality.
- Carbon monoxide leaks from cracks in your furnace.
Note that gas and monoxide leaks are dangerous and usually manifest as a yellow flame. Evacuate your home immediately and call our technicians for emergency furnace repair services.
Expert Furnace Maintenance Tips for the Home
There are actions you can take to keep your furnace functioning optimally. As part of our furnace maintenance service, we complete many of these tasks but make sure to:
- Replace furnace filters every 2-3 months to get rid of dust and other particles.
- Carry out an annual inspection before the cold weather arrives.
- Seal the furnace ducts to keep them for leaking air.
- Install a carbon monoxide monitor.
- Check the blower for obstructions, ensuring it is lubricated.
- Inspect the furnace chamber for defects.
- Clean the sensor and pilot with a wire brush and emery cloth.
- Clean the burners using fresh water to remove dust and debris.
- Check that the gas meter is clocked to monitor the rate of fuel usage.
- Keep the area around the furnace clean and unobstructed for safety purposes.
Wondering about the benefits of ductless mini systems? Call the pros to learn more!
Work With Us for Professional Furnace Repair Services
We have one of the most experienced and qualified teams of furnace service professionals in Eastern Iowa. Count on us for transparent, secure, and guaranteed emergency heating repair services, including 24- hour furnace repair, in Mount Vernon, and beyond.
When you work with us, you can expect:
- Transparent pricing with no hidden fees
- Friendly, expert service
- No-mess left behind
- 24-hour heating repair services