At Master Plumbing, Heating, & Cooling, we’re dedicated to providing excellent customer service—that includes helping homeowners understand their plumbing, heating, and cooling systems. Here are some questions our clients here in Cedar Rapids, IA, often ask us:
Frequently Asked Questions
Over 30 years spent serving Linn, Johnson, Champaign, and Jones Counties have given us the experience necessary to answer all your plumbing and HVAC questions. Call us today!
- How does hydro-jetting differ from normal drain cleaning methods? Hydro-jetting uses a powerful stream of water to break up even the most stubborn clogs in your plumbing system. The flexible hose can fit in any size pipe and bend with the system to prevent damage. It also uses side nozzles to scour away grease and other debris to reduce the occurrence of clogs in the future.
- What should I do if my AC isn’t blowing cold air? Check your filter first to see if it is dirty or clogged. If it is clean, your inside vents may be blocked by furniture, or your outside vents may be clogged. If all your vents are clean and clear, call us for an inspection.
- Should I replace my shower when I renovate my bathroom? You should definitely replace your shower if it has any visible surface damage or leaks. It may also be a good time to switch to a more accessible shower if you have any family members with mobility problems. Otherwise, consider if you want to invest the money in a shower that matches your bathroom’s new aesthetics or has more modern features.
- How can I avoid leaky faucets? Regularly scheduling maintenance will help you avoid common plumbing problems that can lead to faucet leaks, including making sure that your faucets’ water pressure isn’t too high. You can also purchase a water softener to avoid limescale buildup or other damaging minerals.
- How do I stop my heater from blowing cold air? This issue is usually caused by your thermostat remaining in the “on” position, which will circulate air even when the furnace is not providing heat. Make sure to change your thermostat fan to “auto” instead. If that doesn’t solve the problem, turn off your furnace and check the filter for dirt and clogs.
- Why does my HVAC system make so much noise? Some noise is a normal part of your HVAC system’s operation. You should only be concerned if you hear especially loud or strange noises such as banging, hissing, or rattling that may indicate an abnormality. If you are worried about how your HVAC system sounds, call us for repair services.
- Do you provide emergency services? Yes, our technicians are standing by to help 24/7, even on weekends and holidays.
Whether you need expert advice on plumbing or HVAC systems, Master Plumbing, Heating, & Cooling has all the answers. Call us for same-day repair, maintenance, or installation services in Cedar Rapids, IA, at 319-363-7533.